Amanda has been enamored with the pastry arts long before Paper Heart Patisserie was created. While learning and training to be a teacher, she spent most of her college weekends experimenting with recipes. She would share her creations with family and friends; eventually, she was asked to provide desserts for all sorts of events, including weddings. Amanda confirmed how much she loved designing and making wedding cakes after she baked her own!
After being a teacher for nearly six years, she decided to attain formal training in baking and patisserie. With a more structured foundation set in her knowledge of the pastry arts and her love of design, she developed a growing passion for creating completely unique desserts for life’s most celebrated occasions. Amanda launched Paper Heart Patisserie in 2013– a dream career turned reality.
10 Things About Your Cake Lady
- She has a both a gummy bear and French fry addiction.
- Colors and pattern in fashion and interior design are constant sources of cake inspiration.
- When she was a little girl, her mom would let her eat cake for breakfast on the mornings following dinner celebrations.
- When she’s not baking, Amanda enjoys cooking delicious and healthy (most of the time) meals for her family.
- Her toddler’s first baby signs included one for “more bacon”, “more ice cream”, and “more macarons”.
- Friday evenings often consist of a movie night with her husband.
- Amanda will travel great lengths for a perfectly made almond-croissant (her favorite pastry).
- Amanda’s first KitchenAid stand-mixer was purchased as a gift, by her husband while they were dating, and Amanda named him Sir Mix-a-Lot.
- For someone who doesn’t do much for Halloween, she spends way too much time, throughout the year, overthinking and planning clever costumes for her family.
- Her favorite cake flavor is currently strawberry-almond and coconut. And chocolate bourbon pecan. And vanilla-latte…